Mayrhofen offers all the ingredients for a perfect ski- and winter holiday in the Zillertal
The Zillertal is known worldwide as one of the top destinations for winter sports. The Zillertal town of Mayrhofen-Hippach lies in the rear valley, embedded between the leisure mountain Ahorn and action mountain Penken. It is the ideal base for winter sports activities of all kinds, thanks to its ideal infrastructure. Whether rapid downhill skiing, endurance sessions on trails or ski tours, boisterous sledding fun or romantic snowshoe hikes through untouched nature – winter in the holiday region of Mayrhofen-Hippach has many facets. It also offers reliable snow and perfectly groomed trails, culinary diversity, and traditions that carry on.
THE SKI RESORT MAYRHOFEN - Penken, Rastkogel, Eggalm & Maple:
- 142km of slopes
- 60 Lifting equipment & trolleys
- 35 km of cross-country ski runs
- Season: 03.12.2022 - 16.04.2023 (weather dependent)
- Penken Park consists of 8 areas
(Pro Area, Advanced Area, Advanced Jib Area, Medium Area, Medium Jib Area, Fun Area, Beginner Area, and Penken Fun Ride)
SKI AREA TOTAL ZILLERTAL:
- 530 km of slopes
- 180 lifts
The winter sports area in Mayrhofen offers a varied experience on the slope and along with the ski resorts of Penken, Rastkogel, Eggalm and Ahorn, may be counted as one of the largest skiing areas in Austria. 60 of the most modern facilities and 142 kilometres of slopes with blue, red and black runs offer everything a winter sports enthusiast desires. The Penken Park has a magical attraction for snowboarders and freeskiers from around the world.
- The family ski area boasts beautiful slopes for children and beginners, but also has an attractive and challenging 5.5 km downhill run.
- The Hintertux glacier, with slopes up to 3,250 m above sea level, forms the Ski and Glacier World 3000 in the winter season, with 196 km of slopes.
- Mayrhofen is also known for rich and varied gas- tronomy, from the Après Ski bar to the traditional tavern - there is something for everyone‘s taste. Mayrhofen also has one of the nicest shopping streets in the Austrian Alps.